Today I am sharing an appeal by The Battle for Wesnoth development team, who is currently looking for new developers and contributors.
As most of you might know, The Battle for Wesnoth is a turn-based strategy game project first started in 2003. The game is entirely open source (GNU GPLv2) with artwork licensed under CC-BY-SA. You can download the game entirely for free via Steam or on our website.
Presently we are looking for:
- C++ programmers for core programming tasks
- Lua programmers
- Scripters willing to learn WML internal script language
- Python programmers for helping with external tools
- Pixel artists
- A video editor that can help create a trailer for the incoming stable release
- Other miscellaneous artists and programmers
For anyone interested in applying, you can read more details on the official announcement posted on the Wesnoth forums. You can also join us at our official Discord
Our best regards to the FreeGameDev community and have a nice day!