- Effect produced when a high-resolution image is put onto a display of lower resolution. Aliasing for example happens on computer displays when drawing non-horizontal or non-vertical lines, as these cannot be displayed without information loss on a pixel grid. Anti-aliasing is a method used for smooth scaling.
- Technique of minimizing distortion artifacts known as aliasing, when representing a high-resolution objet on the pixel grid of a display.
- Plug-in (plugin, add-on, addin, add-in, addon, add-on, extension)
- Extends a program, without manipulating its source code.
- Plug-in architecture
- Describes the ability of a program to be extended with plug-ins, without having to change the source code of the programm.
- Particle effect
- Often used for displaying particles (liquid drops, snow flakes) gases or energy (explosions, fire and electrical discharges).
- Particle system
- Program, that controls the drawing of particle effects.
- Save/load system
- Allows the end user to save an application's state by automatically freezing running scripts, objects and variables and writing them to a file. This file can later be loaded to restore the saved state.